About the job
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations. From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal! We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our customers. Not bad for a company you thought was just a mobile network provider, right? We’re here to prove we’re no one trick pony and our technology reach goes way further than you imagined. Read on to find out just how far….
Data Engineering Architect is responsible for delivering analytically informed, issue-based solutions that help stakeholders including business and technology make faster, smarter decisions. This role will be working closely with Data Scientists and Data Analysts from broader analytics community on consulting and implementation missions and put together Analytics roadmap aligned with Company’s digital strategy being accountable for the delivery of required solutions.
With us you will:
- Guiding the full lifecycle of a Big Data solution
- Value proposition including use case definition understanding; defining it technically and coming up with robust solution around it
- Must hold sound knowledge of Telecom systems and finalize integration setup with source teams according which fulfils business requirements
- Developing Real Time data processing schemes
- Developing End to End lifecycle of Data movement starting from Ingestion, transformation loading, KPI building and presenting in visualization engine
- Ability to assess existing capabilities; define a modern architecture based on a continuous evolving ecosystem (message brokers, NoSQL, caching, consumption), prepare business case for this and perform required changes through dev team, ops team and vendors
- Come up with final solution use case based and finalise components required to build solution at every level i.e. Ingestion, Data Repository, Integration, Visualization Tool etc.
- Performance tuning, operational optimization and capacity management
- Define estimate, planning and delivery model for analytics solutions.
- Derive operations team in making their issue identification and resolution robust
Apply if you have:
- Engineering Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, IT (or relevant major)
- 7+ years of experience in overall Data Solutions
- 5+ years of experience in Big Data and Analytics solutions with end to end delivery lifecycle
- 3+ years of experience on Cloudera environment
- Strong understanding of Cloud based Big Data solutions on at least one Cloud platform i.e. Azure, Google, AWS, IBM
- Strong experience working with key Cloudera suite components Hadoop, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Impala, HBase, R, Python, Spark
- Understanding of Business Analytics and E2E Data Solutions preferably in Telecom industry
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Understanding of best practices in Data Engineering and Analytical Modeling Design and development on BigData platforms
- Delivery and Stakeholders management
- Effective Communication Skill
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Engineering Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, IT (or relevant major)