GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, everyday goods, health and beauty, properties, and logistics sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. GMG’s investments span across five key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Everyday Goods, GMG Health and Beauty, GMG Properties, and GMG Logistics. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
Responsibilities About the role
- Experience with SFCC SFRA
- Experience with payment gateways integrations with SFCC
- Experience with 3 rd party SFRA cartridges integration
- Experience with SFCC Controllers, Models creation
- Experience in creating jobs in SFCC
- Good to have: experience in Node.js
- Work on flagship websites for globally recognized brands, whilst meeting the demanding challenges of
usability, resilience, performance, scalability, and security.
- Build cross-browser, cross-device compatible pages adhering to industry best practices
Pipelines/Controllers on Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) platform
- Experience in PHP with its latest framework and integration for microservices and other platforms
- Responsible for architecting and defining the Front-end framework to solve complex designs and interactions
that reflect the user experience and creative proposition
- Participate in developing supporting proposal materials for projects
- Participate in scoping and planning work
- Write technical documentation (admin guides), white papers, and presentations, contributes to determining
- Be a thought leader in Back-end technologies and space
- Assist in recruiting new Front-end employees
RequirementA first experience working in an SFCC / Demandware Platform and PHP as a Backend developer.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) SiteGenesis/SFRA framework,
Services framework, and other platform capabilities.
- Good grasp of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with front-end application architecture and development
- Pattern, Module Pattern, Reveal Pattern, Facade Pattern, Asynchronous Module Definition, etc.)
- Well versed with jQuery framework and patterns used. Should be able to write custom plugins for jQuery
- Hands-on experience with AngularJS framework and its constructs like custom directives, services, etc.
- Hands-on experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS, STYLUS)
- Hands-on experience with PHP with laravel Framework preprocessors
- Understanding and hands-on experience with writing modular CSS using SMACSS and Object – Oriented CSS
- Understanding of front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Semantic-UI, and Foundation
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experienced with front-end tooling and able to write custom automation tasks for Grunt
- Experienced with architecture and development of front-end tailored for various Content Management
Systems in the likes of SharePoint, SAP, and Sitecore