Associate & Senior Associate – Restructuring
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a global consulting firm with more than $2+ billion in revenues, c.7000+ staff and over 70 offices around the globe and a broad range of professional services including Turnaround, Financial Restructuring, Transaction Advisory, Performance Improvement, Corporate Transformation, Financial Institutions Advisory, Tax, Valuations, and Disputes and Investigation Services.
A&M has successfully managed some of the largest restructuring situations in the world as well as preserving iconic brands through restructuring. We have earned multiple industry awards and our Restructuring team in the Middle East is highly respected. Our team focuses on big ticket company side assignments in addition to Chief Restructuring Officer (CRO) /CEO/ CFO appointments. Within the last few years, we have delivered on some of the Middle East’s largest restructuring cases such as NMC Healthcare, and numerous high-profile but confidential situations. AM’s involvement in turnaround and restructuring situations reassures creditors and shareholders that the company is taking important steps to address its problems and maximise its value.
A&M is a fast-paced environment with a highly dynamic culture which emphasizes diversity and inclusion. We empower, coach and mentor future leaders and endorse meritocracy to develop skilled consultants who deliver tangible results and build long-lasting relationships. Our entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who positively impact our clients and shape our industry.
The collaborative, supportive environment, and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means just that–we embrace diversity and foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
A&M has attracted top performers at every experience level from our competitor firms. We are expanding our practice in the Middle East and are seeking talented, entrepreneurial people who are interested in developing their careers in the Turnaround & Restructuring space.
Our highly experienced teams thrive in critical situations where clients are looking to respond to external changes such as competitor dynamics or industry disruption. We work with sovereign wealth and private equity funds, government ministries and bodies, and corporations across multiple industries including financial services and investment companies, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, industrials and manufacturing, and real estate and hospitality amongst others.
We are looking for Associates and Senior Associates to join our Riyadh office. Working with some of the brightest and most experienced practitioners in the industry, you will undertake financial and operational analysis, plan and execute turnaround programs and navigate complex financial restructuring situations. You will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level by gaining invaluable experience across industries and sectors on a variety of interesting and critical projects.
As an Associate or Senior Associate, you will independently develop ideas and solutions to address the client’s issues and begin to own workstreams with oversight and support as and where required. As part of a team, you will be working closely with many experienced professionals who will provide you with developmental feedback and growth opportunities.
Examples of the types of projects you would be expected to work on include:
- Turnaround diagnostic and execution
- Balance sheet restructuring
- Liquidity management and short-term cash flow forecasting
- Preparation and validation of business plans
- Independent business reviews
- Working capital management
- Cost reduction
- Being part of an interim management team
- Quickly understand a client’s rapidly changing situation to enable the development of sustainable solutions / options for businesses and their stakeholders
- Offer critical assistance to companies that are under-performing or experiencing a liquidity crisis
- Work directly with company management and help to stabilise and improve financial and operational performance
- Work with Senior Directors and Directors to deliver Middle East and International client projects through the management of multiple workstreams
- Support business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new mandates
- Chartered Accountant, CFA or similar with a robust understanding of financial statements
- Ability to perform insightful financial analysis
- Minimum of three years of turnaround / restructuring experience preferably from a Big 4 accounting firm or a top tier advisory firm
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to work with diverse and complex stakeholder groups
- Experience of building or working with integrated financial models
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills are critical.
- Experience with additional data analytics tools (e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI) is an advantage
- Previous experience in contributing to project workstreams ensuring timely and high-quality deliverables with minimal supervision
- Fluent business level English is essential. Additional language skills including Arabic are advantageous
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes.
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, impactful presenter
- Unbiased, fact-based approach to problem solving
- Guided by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and shows by example
Diversity & Inclusion
A&M’s entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work—guided by A&M’s core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity—are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
About Alvarez & Marsal
Companies, investors and government entities around the world turn to Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) when conventional approaches are not enough to drive change and achieve results. Privately held since its founding in 1983, A&M is a leading global professional services firm that provides advisory, business performance improvement and turnaround management services.
A&M’s leadership is about a bias towards action and the willingness to tell clients what we think is needed. Our restructuring heritage sharpens our ability to act decisively.
Clients select us for our deep expertise and ability to create and deliver practical, rather than theoretical, solutions to their unique problems in addition to our independence/objectivity.
These are the core differences that distinguish us from other management consulting firms.
With over 7,000 people across four continents, we deliver tangible results for corporates, boards, private equity firms, law firms and government agencies facing complex challenges. Our senior leaders, and their teams, help organizations transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action. Comprised of experienced operators, world-class consultants, former regulators and industry authorities, A&M leverages its restructuring heritage to turn change into a strategic business asset, manage risk and unlock value at every stage of growth.
When action matters, find us at www.alvarezandmarsal.com.