Are you ready to champion outstanding customer service, Amazon style?
Are you up for creating solutions and solving tomorrow’s problems today?
Then we have an opportunity just for you!
We’re seeking an Area Manager to join our dynamic Fulfillment Center. Our Fulfillment Centers are at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network: they’re where we manage our fast-moving inventory. They’re also where we developed our industry-leading workflows. Our teams stow deliveries, pick products, package them up and ship them out: each of these groups have played their part in taking us where we are today.
In these facilities we’re building the future of customer service, as we work towards becoming Earth’s most customer-centric company. This is your chance to make history with us.
About The Role And Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible as a manager for one of the main teams in your FC: receive, stow, pick, pack or ship. Along with your peers, you’ll ensure that all workflows run smoothly and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
In the logistics team you enter and lead, we’ll be entrusting a team of approximately 80 to 120 associates to you. You’ll drive the training and integration of your team, while motivating and inspiring forward progress. All the while, you’ll exercise sound judgement, making sure progress and KPI targets are worked towards and met.
While you achieve this, you’ll ensure motivation, engagement and performance:
- You’ll need to safeguard your team’s safety, promoting Amazon’s Health and Safety standards,
- You’ll lead cross-functional teams, tasked with solving operational problems,
- You’ll uphold Amazon’s high standards of process quality,
- You’ll maintain inventory accuracy,
- You’ll strive to improve and streamline processes,
- You’ll become a subject matter expert on larger FC processes and activities,
- You’ll actively share and promote best practices with your colleagues and network
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement (how, when, who).
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly.
- Candidate must be able to communicate in Arabic and English language.
- Degree in Engineering, Operations or a related field.
- 3+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
- Management of a minimum of 30 employees (including payroll, performance management, work-flow assignment).
- Lean process, Kaizen, Six Sigma, process improvement experience.
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one.
Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world.
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind.
You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.