Job Description And Qualifications
Air Products Qudra (APQ) is a regional development and investment joint venture (JV) between Air Products and Qudra Energy, a subsidiary of Vision Invest. Air Products is a world-leading industrial gases company developing, engineering, building, owning and operating many of the world’s largest industrial gas projects. Vision Invest is a leading development and investment Holding Company in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, with a diversified portfolio of investments across several sectors such as Utility, Infrastructure, Logistics and Industrial Gases with a global operational investment footprint .
- Provide & maintain a safe work environment. Demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent all injuries.
- Schedule the day-to-day maintenance of the facility is completed according to the appropriate APQ systems and procedures, maximizing facility reliability, while ensuring compliance with the APQ maintenance program and the plant maintenance budget
- Manage the preventative and corrective maintenance program for the site, coordinating with the Technical, Operations, and Maintenance teams, ensuring compliance is achieved
Planner and Scheduler
- Ensure the safety of all maintenance personnel by utilizing the APQ Basic Safety Practice program, which includes Safety Work Permits, LOTO, Confined Space, etc. The position is a key member in building the Air Products safety culture into the APQ
- Comply with APQ and local safety, health and environment standards, in order to fulfil the mandatory safety requirement and activities.
- Ensure maintenance activities are executed in compliance with EH&S requirements.
- Contribute to the development of EH&S related procedures in support of maintenance activities
- Understand Environmental Regulatory requirements
- Support overall construction and commissioning activities as requested
- Ensure the maintenance cost control work processes are followed and that accurate maintenance cost forecasting and budgeting is achieved
- Supervise and assist maintenance contractors with all site related activities assigned to them, insuring the safety and reliability philosophy is followed
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams, understand plant issues and execute cost effective solutions for resolution to meet the customer’s satisfaction on safety, reliability, product quality, and flexibility on product supply
- Provide support during turnarounds (TAR), ensuring activities are executed per plan
- Emergency response required 7 days a week/ 24 hours a day
- Strong organizational, planning, and interpersonal and communication skills are essential to the position. Credibility and respect across the organization is important.
- Identify local and national resources (contractors, vendors, etc) to assist with the planning and execution of site maintenance activities
- Align resources for un-planned maintenance activities to be completed safely, efficiently, cost effectively and on schedule
- Work with the Maintenance, Technical, and Operations teams to establish the future planned shutdown strategy, work scope, duration and cost, to ensure maintenance is carried out to maximize the plant reliability, while complying with regulatory requirements and the facility’s asset management plan and preventative maintenance (PM) program
- Work with the Maintenance, Technical, and Operations teams to create and continually modify/maintain a facility asset management plan, including the timing, work scope, duration and cost for future planned shutdowns
- Co-ordinate the shutdown planning activities, to ensure all work (maintenance and project related) is planned sufficiently in advance and in sufficient detail to ensure flawless execution (i.e. safe, efficient, under budget and on schedule)
- Align with the Maintenance, Technical, & Operations Team to insure that all un-planned maintenance is coordinated and executed appropriately to keep plant downtime to a minimum, while insuring safety and cost management are controlled
- Align with Maintenance, Operations, and contractors to Ensure that all day-to-day maintenance is scheduled and executed accordance with the preventative maintenance (PM) system requirements, ensuring that PM compliance KPIs are met
- A 2-year diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, or Instrument Engineering or a trade or technical degree in the related field.
- 6 years’ working knowledge in maintenance planning and scheduling, shutdown/turnaround planning & execution, preventative maintenance systems, cost management, purchasing, and logistics. Experience in gas, petrochemical, or related industries a plus with a focus in an Air Separation facility.
- Demonstrated technical and practical problem-solving skills with a good business sense in the planning and scheduling field
- Promotes a ‘one team’ environment
- Proven coordination experience in a multi team environment which includes engineering, maintenance, and contractors
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills, and decision-making skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong oral and written skills with the ability to communicate scheduling issues to the ASU management team daily
- Knowledge of computer-based applications (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Primavera, SAP a plus) and a working knowledge of a Scheduling and Planning tool
Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
Business Sector / Division
Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)