About the job
- The Administrative Assistant (AWACS) is responsible for providing administrative assistant services to the AFLCMC/AWACS organization in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Responsible for providing a wide range of administrative support to the department/organization. The AA’s primary focus shall be to provide office, transportation, and facilities support services to oversee all operations of the assets allotted to AFLCMC/AWACS. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Requires problem solving, attention to detail, taking initiative, and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Shall be the primary point of contact for the Saudi AWACS Program Office (AFLCMC/HBIS) and responsible for tracking assets allotted to AFLCMC/AWACS. Shall ensure vehicles are maintained, collaborate with AFLCMC/HBIS for budget/contractual issues and maintaining records and acts as an information source on organization policies and procedures with knowledge of meetings, policy, and processes.
- May be requested to work overtime to support program office TDY visits with prior approval.
- Shall perform administrative requirements on project and logistical related efforts such as preparing local purchase requests, letters, memorandums, reports, inventories and other materials from rough drafts or templates.
- Follows up on purchase requests or correspondence requiring review, approval and/or response.
- Research and compile information requested by management.
- Arrange meetings for management, coordinates presentations materials, attends meetings, as required, takes, prepares, and distributes minutes using Microsoft Office and Adobe Applications.
- Works in coordination with various agencies to prepares/submit/track Local National (LN) badging packets; schedules and attends screening appointments.
- Assists with providing IT support for resolving computer and networking issues to include coordinating with local Contractors as required.
- Handles routine inquires made by internal and external customers.
- Responsible for communicating and upholding company standards, leading by example, and working effectively as a team.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive safety and quality program in compliance with Vectrus, OSHA and United States Air Force (USAF) requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, sanitary, healthy, presentable, professional atmosphere, free of dust, clutter and trash in all working facilities and areas.
- Responsible for following a comprehensive, flexible, and properly documented training program.
- Shall assist with the completion of required PWS submittals in conjunction with the Site Manager and Lead Services Coordinator.
- Responsible for proper utilization and safeguarding of all government and contractor provided property (e.g., to include government facilities, equipment, and tools).
- Responsible for precise execution of company time reporting procedures and accurate completion of timesheet.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to perform this job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
- Shall have a high school diploma or equivalent, Associate degree in related field, preferred.
- Must have a current, valid U. S. Passport and U. S. Driver’s License.
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance prior to deployment.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English fluently.
- Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include psychological, medical, dental, drug testing, background checks, etc.
- A minimum of three years of administrative support experience.
- Shall be proficient in administrative requirements, completing required inventories and reports, and dealing professionally with the customer.
- Prior experience with RSAF and USAF correspondence protocol preferred.
- Excellent time management, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Must be and advanced user of Microsoft Office applications such as Teams, Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point and Adobe Pro.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements
- Military experience in a contingency environment and knowledge and experience working with government contracts preferred.
- Other Requirements:
- Work will be primarily indoors. However, exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs. Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions. Task specific work environment training will be provided as required. Must be prepared to function in a wartime environment to support U. S. interests. 100% Overseas Assignment
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.