About The Role
As Administration Assistant, you will provide administration support for the smooth functioning of the back office operations in an effective and efficient way. You will handle confidential and sensitive issues involving continual inter-departmental relations. You will represent the team through correspondence, telephone and personal contact.
Key Accountabilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Perform advanced, diversified, and confidential administrative and secretarial support. Handle a wide variety of situations and tasks involving the clerical and administrative functions of the office.
- In consultation with the team generate business documentation, including presentation creation spreadsheet preparation and distribution.
- Prepare charts and compile reports as needed and ensure that all files are complete and properly maintained.
- Respond to complaints and requests for information and assistance, interpret and explain procedures and policies pertaining to internal inquiries of staff.
- Attend and take notes at meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, records of Communication (documents, E-mail) to meet the requirements of the team.
- Work with all employees, in a consultancy role, assist employees on their queries and concerns, ensuring information provided are accurate and in a timely manner, e.g.: applying vacation leaves/Emergency Leave in GEMS, accommodation change, applying for RP/Airport Pass, RP/Airport renewal and enrolling themselves for mandatory training.
- Collect, review, and submit all documents related to employee request to HR for necessary approval, follow up with the concerned person for statues update and inform the employee accordingly to ensure flawless communication process.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community. Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge.
Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
- To be successful in this role you should have relevant Vocational or Trade qualification. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is highly preferred. A tertiary HR/Administration qualification would be an added advantage. Ideal candidate should hold minimum 3 years of job related experience along with database administration experience. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- You should be self-motivated and highly organized with strong interpersonal and team working skills. You should possess a high level of sensitivity and professionalism. You should be a self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal instructions and proven ability to work under pressure to defined timescales. You should be proactive with proven problem-solving abilities.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before. So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination.
Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How To Apply
Please see below for all eligibility and requirements for internal applications.
Please note that any applications not meeting the criteria will not be processed.
- Employees must have completed a minimum 10 months in their current role to be eligible to apply for an internal move.
- Employees can only have two active applications at any one time.
- I-NOC is not required:
- If this role reports to your current line manager within the same cost centre.
- Please upload a single document stating this along with your CV.
- I-NOC is required:
- If this role reports to a different line manager.
- Please upload a signed and approved I-NOC, valid only for the position stated in a single document along with your CV.
- If you are unable to upload your I-NOC, please contact your Admin or Talent Acquisition for assistance.
About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the world’s fastest-growing airline. We connect more than 140 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the Five-star airport, Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar.
As aviation faces its greatest challenge, we remain committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety and hygiene on board our aircraft at all times. Qatar Airways is the first global airline in the world to achieve the prestigious 5-Star COVID-19 Airline Safety Rating by international air transport rating organisation, Skytrax. This follows HIA’s success as the first airport in the Middle East and Asia to be awarded a Skytrax 5-Star COVID-19 Airport Safety Rating. These recognitions provides assurance to passengers across the world that airline health and safety standards are subject to the highest possible standards of professional, independent scrutiny and assessment.
Since our launch in 1997, Qatar Airways has earned many awards and accolades, becoming one of an elite group of airlines worldwide to have earned a 5-star rating by Skytrax. Voted Airline of the Year by Skytrax in 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2019 and most recently in 2021, Qatar Airways has won the confidence of the travelling public. We have accomplished these goals by focusing on the details – how we run the business, and how you experience our airline.
My goal is to make Qatar Airways your airline of choice, offering the flights you want to the destinations you need. It is this which drives our collective mission to achieve ‘Excellence in everything we do’ at all levels across our Qatar Airways family of highly-skilled and committed professionals, from across the globe.
On behalf of everyone at Qatar Airways, we look forward to welcoming you on board, and let us Go Places Together.