To lead and manage in the Designated Area of operation:
- a team of Relationship Managers / Assistant Relationship Managers (if any)
- to establish a holistic understanding of key Client’s needs and offer innovative customized solutions
- work in collaboration with product specialists across the Bank
- build a portfolio of Client relationships - delivering “Bank to Client and Client to Bank”.
Drive own and team (if applicable) performance to increase operating income and Risk Adjusted Relationship Returns across a designated area, successfully deepening existing customer business and on boarding New to Bank Customers (NTB) which provide a value add to the current revenue streams.
Reporting to the Head of Local Corporates, the incumbent is responsible for delivering on a cohesive customer strategy aimed at leveraging existing and new capabilities across the designated core market and sectors by offering a full range of solutions and services to clients.
The incumbent must work integrally and collaboratively with the Group’s wholesale banking product lines and manage the bank’s client centric coverage effort in order to achieve overall relationship financial targets within acceptable risk parameters
The incumbent will proactively originate new, and manage existing, relationships within the Designated Area .
The incumbent will be responsible for establishing:
- Account Strategy: Existing or NTB customer’s global account plan and strategy
- Revenue: will be responsible for the global asset and liability growth, revenue / profitability generated regardless of product or geography booking for the Designated Area
- Credit: will establish, document, monitor and be the custodian of the credit Limits and will be accountable for managing the credit risk for the Designated Area
- Calls: will mark the Existing or NTB customer’s Global HO’s senior management with appropriate ABC management with an appropriate meeting / engagement / calling program.
For the above the incumbent will be recognized holistically for the revenue generated for the bank ensuring that all relationship managers work collaboratively to deliver a true global coverage solution to the customer.
The following four Dimensions of accountability will form the basis for a consistent evaluation of performance for the incumbent
- Customers / Stakeholders
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Operational Effectiveness and Control
- Sound knowledge of Lending, Trade Finance, Cash Management, Treasury, Debt and Capital Markets, Project Finance, Credit Analysis
- Graduate, preferably at masters’ level in related field
- Minimum of 10 years of previous Coverage experience
- Proven experience as a senior banker with relationship management experience and skills
- Superior Banking product knowledge, to allow cross-selling of other ABC products
- Strong credit analysis and credit administration skills
- Ability to be flexible and to juggle multiple priorities, including business driven deadlines
- People management skills, providing counselling and guidance to optimize utilization of resources and achieve results, focusing on developing team members to fulfil their potential
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity, confidentiality and diplomacy under all circumstances
- Strong computer skills with capability to use spreadsheet, graphic and presentation packages to review and create professional materials
- Developed communication skills to negotiate internally and externally at high levels
- Skilled communicator who influences and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes
- Strong work ethic and business acumen
- Ability to act on own initiative, providing creative solutions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to remain calm and perform well under pressure at all times
Key skill Required
- Bank Officer
- Automotive Finance Professional