Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
- Formulate, and, oversee effective implementation of the Annual Training Plan, and KPIs for the Learning and Development division of Doha Bank, in line with the annual business plans.
- Plan, develop and, update (as appropriate) policies & procedures for the Learning and Development division to ensure efficient and flawless operations.
- Constantly update self on business, economic, and competitive scenario, and recommend adequate suggestions to the Department Head – Talent Acquisition & Management, as appropriate.
- Update self on the regulatory requirements/changes set by QCB and other relevant government bodies, and, make adequate changes in the division, including but not limited to staffing of employees, department deliverables etc.
- Develop and maintain robust working relationships with internal/external stakeholders of Doha Bank.
- Represent Doha Bank at external events, as directed by the Chief Human Resources Officer and Department Head – Talent Acquisition & Management, ensuring optimization of Learning and Development opportunities
- Work closely with the respective HODs to analyze skill gaps and training needs of existing and new Doha Bank employees and formulate appropriate training methodologies/tools to enhance their performance.
- Monitor, review and implement the training plans with respect to different modes of training, including, but not limited to orientation/onboarding and other relevant ad hoc skill specific / functional training programs.
- Work closely with the Department Head – Talent Acquisition & Management and Chief Human Resources Officer to establish contracts, and, maintain robust relations with external training vendors/consultants to meet training needs.
- Ensure that inbuilt courses for in-house training programs meet with quality standards and international best practices.
- Oversee effective implementation and maintenance of e-learning platform for Doha Bank Employees, as per the set objectives.
- Formulate, and oversee deployment of appropriate assessment techniques to review training effectiveness.
- Work closely with the HODs and HR management to formulate suitable Individual Career Development Plans (ICDP) for Qatari employees, facilitating their career advancement.
- Work closely with the HODs and HR management to formulate suitable succession & Nationalization Plans for Qatari employees, as per Government regulations & Doha Bank’s strategy.
- University graduate with a degree in Business or HR or OD or OB or Industrial psychology or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Management any other related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Industry standard relevant certifications such as SHRM-SCP/PHR/SPHR, CIPD or any other related certification would be desirable
- 10-15 years of total experience in financial services/banking industry, entailing responsibilities pertaining to the specific area of discipline.
- Experience in training design, delivery and evaluation at a supervisory role.
- Experience in development/implementation of training methodologies, tools & techniques.
- Experience in formulation and execution of high-impact learning strategies/projects
- Familiarity with international best practices and standards
- Knowledge of banking operations, process and systems
Key skill Required