The position will act in accordance with DRPIC’s values & strategies, policies, guidelines, technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justification’s, and best international practices in consonance with national objectives and Ethics standards.
Number of Staff Supervised
1 - 5
1 - 5
Ownership and Accountability of Communications & CSR end-to-end activities by:
- Ensuring OQ8 (DUQM) performance meets targets.
- Define the scope of services and secondment positions required from OQ.
- Monitor, review, manage, and accept the provided services through the MSA and SLA including.Able, if required, to come up with alternative means for service provisioning
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- Reporting and Information Provisioning
- Design and develop a framework through which (OQ8 DUQM) can actively contribute to the development of the local community in areas such as youth capacity building, education, healthcare, women development.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with key influencers and liaise with various external bodies such as the government authorities, ministries, embassies and the company’s subsidiaries and its shareholders.
- Build relationships with partner organizations and implement a range of activities and initiatives which can create a positive impact on the local communities.
- Feed into the "In Country Value" delivery team (local content development)
- Design a detailed social investment plan through which DRPIC can participate in the development of the local community in areas such as education, healthcare, women development.
- Raising awareness around DRPIC’s commitment to social investment and generating publicity around the organization’s efforts.
- Develop, implement and review CSR themes, concepts, projects and guidelines and ensures it reaches targeted stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Actively engage and network with stakeholders (government agencies, ministries, local non-governmental organizations to seek ideas and ensure a wider benefit and reach of social investments projects
- Promote for voluntary work culture among DRPIC employees to create a better awareness of the importance of corporate Social responsibility and coordinate their voluntary contribution and support.
- Shall be responsible in presenting reports to the board and executive management in relation to the overall performance of the team.
- Create, implement and oversee corporate communications program that effectively describes and promotes organizational image both internally and externally.
- Manage and coordinate with external consultants regarding corporate communication matters and ensures deadlines are met.
- Prepares and disseminate press releases, articles and coordinates media events as per the given guideline.
- Liaise with the colleagues and stakeholders for day-to-day work.
- Acts as liaison between clients, vendors, and consultants and main stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in (Communications / Journalism / Marketing / International Business) or equivalent.
- Master’s degree in Marketing / Communications (preferred)
- A minimum of 10 years of professional Corporate Communication, CSR or Public Relations Agency experience in the Middle East, out of which 5 years in leader position.
- Preference if the candidate is familiar and has experience with green field petrochemical plant operations and infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Excellent communications & interpersonal skills in Arabic and English (both oral and written).
- Strong writing skills with an ability to translate complex technical terms in an easy-to-understand manner
- Detailed oriented with excellent organizing and planning skills
- Ability to deal with multi tasks, with great attention to details and accuracy and experience of working under pressure and competing deadlines.
- Ability to establish strong, positive working relationship with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to respond quickly to internal and external changes and expectations.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be flexible enough in adapting to new changes and implement them.
- Ability to be flexible, motivated, resourceful, and organized to work in a multi-functional role.
- Political Savvy
Key skill Required
- Quality Engineering
- Senior Automotive Technology Engineer