The goal of the PDM is to drive partner enablement and business growth based on their partners’ strengths and priorities. The PDM will work across the Microsoft organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings and partner success. He or she will guide partners through their transformation journey to build new cloud capabilities & solutions that generate growth and innovation.
The successful Partner Dev Manager will develop deep internal and external relationships to drive partner success. The PDM is a strong influencer and orchestrator to align Microsoft & partner resources for business impact. The importance of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of practices and solutions leading to workload and/or industry-based co-sell.
Help partners transform and grow their business in the cloud by developing comprehensive Partner Business Plans for a portfolio of partners to identify short and long-term strategic goals and tactical execution. Builds strong relationships with Microsoft and partner resources to design new Cloud Business solutions across Microsoft’s three clouds: Azure, Power Platform, and Microsoft 365. Ensure clear governance with partner executives and establish joint priorities to identify transformation opportunities. Identify an effective path to market with solutions and Go-To-Market (GTM) activities.
Guides partners to build a solutions portfolio aligned with market opportunities and defines roadmap to evolve to multi-cloud (Azure, Power Platform and Microsoft 365). Build & Develop solutions aligned to a partner plan with evaluated ROI ensuring that new offers are taken to market in ways that show differentiation and are positioned for success.
Drive performance management of partners through monthly/quarterly reviews to review overall business performance across the organization and to measure against partners’ transformation goals and business plan. Drive continuous portfolio optimization of partners’ performance as measured by revenue, pipeline, and partner impact.
- 5-10+ years of experience in core sales experience, partner channel development, sales, business development, alliance management in the technology industry
- Strong experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
- Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort
- Challenger mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through
- Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations)
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Key skill Required
- Business Development
- Sales Planning