• Plan, organize, and evaluate shipments prioritizing them based on pre-defined contractual terms.
• Manage, allocate and direct the team to handle all shipments
• Manage the company’s entire logistics operations through land, sea and air freight—includes organizing quotations, comparing quotations, contract management and monitoring operations. Checking and approving payments related to logistics activities
• Organize global warehousing and storage facilities as per company requirement. Manage inventory, approvals related to cargo releases, payments and invoicing related to warehousing, storage and cargo
• Check, monitor and approve purchase and sales invoices in the accounting system
• Manage and approve daily expenses for office operations
• Check and authorize bank documents submitted under LC/ CAD.
• Organize due diligence, approve and maintain contracts for both buying and selling
• Maintain records of purchase, sales and logistical transactions
• Follow-up with vendors relating to all matters concerning shipments
• Authorizing documents for customs and tax approval
• Negotiating waivers and claims with shipping and logistics providers for all related activities and movements. For example: detention, demurrage, etc.
• Managing claims relating to cargo. For example: shortages of cargo, damages, quality claims, etc. with both buyers and suppliers
• Primary liaison between buyers and suppliers
• Responsible for setting up policies and protocols for the employees to follow
• Organize approvals and permits from relevant authorities for imports and exports like local municipalities, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Finance, etc.
• Manage and assist on insurance claims
• Generates third party quotes and organize inspections
• Check and approve documents for Chamber of Commerce which includes attestations and legalizations from various embassies
• Negotiation of freight rates with shipping lines, airlines, overseas agents, transportation and forwarding companies for all imports, exports and cross trade shipments executed by land, sea and air.
• Qualification – Any Graduate. Though MBA in Logistics/ Supply Chain will be preferred.
• Language – Fluency in written and spoken English is must.
• Experience – 7 years plus. Person should have extensive experience of dealing with Shipping Lines, Forwarding Agents, CHA’s and have deep knowledge of UAE Customs, VAT, Freight rates, Incoterms, Switching charges, Vendor bill passing and accounting and monitoring and controlling payments and outstandings to Vendors and understanding of LC’s and sales documentation. Knowledge of Tally and Excel is a plus.
Key skill Required
- Custom Support