· The Marketing Department is responsible for leading a number of Host Country Projects that contribute to the Host Country Experience and Operations during the World Cup. The Departments is responsible for the planning and delivery of these Projects, connecting the Experience with the Operations. Working closely with all Host Country projects on identified interdependencies and with all relevant external stakeholders, the Department is a key contributor to the HC and the Event vision of a successful delivery of a historic FIFA World Cup in alignment with national plans and with a lasting impact on the country and the world.
· The Marketing Department is responsible for leading a similar set of Projects directly with FIFA and on behalf of the Q22 organisation. This is to ensure full and direct coordination and integration on the planning efforts, optimise efficiency and achieve economies of scale.
· The Head of Content position requires a dedicated team member who will oversee the development of all English and Arabic content in support of all Host Country, SC Corporate, Delivery and Legacy, and key Tournament initiatives, leading the team by example by writing and editing superlative copy with an acute attention to detail.
It is important to note that the below applies across the three Businesses (the SC, Host Country and the Tournament).
- Oversee and manage the creation of high-quality Arabic copy and messaging for marketing materials in a range of registers and for different target audiences.
- Cooperate with colleagues to develop, communicate and pitch campaigns, including strategy, goals, budget and calendar.
- Edit text to ensure that it is well-written, complies with brand language guidelines and is logically structured.
- Create innovative and creative copy in support of marketing initiatives across platforms and on the SC’s website.
- Provide guidance and support to all departments to maximise the impact of all written communications.
- Assist in the conceptualisation and design of content for presentations, brochures, films and other marketing collaterals.
- Lead a team of content creators and editors, taking pride in and ownership of the content function.
- Manage projects in a structured format and be responsible for their success
Qualifications, experience and skills
Education and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, media, public relations, advertising, mass communications or other relevant discipline
- Master’s degree in fine arts, marketing, business administration, media or equivalent is an advantage
Experience and skills:
· Minimum eight years of experience as a creative copywriter at an agency or in-house, including at least two years with management experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic.
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to write for multiple audiences.
- Ability to maintain standards while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong creative copywriting experience for commercial organisations, campaigns and corporate entities. Experience with copywriting for the sports industry will be highly valued.
- Experience creating campaigns and using multiple platforms to build awareness, engage and excite new and existing supporters.
- Experience working cross-functionally and comfortable interacting with other employees at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a highly diverse, multi-lingual environment.
- Excellent presentation, mentoring and relationship-building skills.
· Flexibility and an ability to work autonomously.
· A team player who is willing to pitch in where needed.
· A positive attitude, patience and persistence, especially when dealing with various internal and external stakeholders.
· Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Familiarity with the use of content management systems and the ability to upload and format text and images online.
- Experience in design and knowledge of design software (such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) is an advantage.
· Knowledge of other languages is an advantage.
Key skill Required
- Bachelor Degree