The spectacular new five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.
Chef de partie
Organise kitchen operations and prepare and serve a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Work with Superior and People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintain a record of progress for each staff member.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Ensure new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire and departmental orientation is completed within first two weeks.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and be aware of financial targets.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Communicate to their superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment on and other relevant information.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum one year of experience in the same field
- Ability to work and communicate to multinational environment
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
Key skill Required
- Project Management
- Bachelor Degree